Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Is The Bauer Straight Cut Tinted Visor Better Than Oakley?

Recently, I just bought a new hockey visor.  It is a tinted one by Bauer.  I think the official name of the line is Straight Cut Pro Half Shield.  I was debating on if i should buy this or the grey Oakley visor.  In the end, I decided to go with this and I'm happy.  It's not overly dark in tint.  You can still see the players eyes and it cuts down on glare.  I haven't had any problems with it fogging up either.  One of the positives that I found over the Oakley one is that the one made by Bauer is about 12 dollars cheaper.  So I don't have to go and spend 70 dollars on Oakley's grey tinted visor.  While I do have a bunch of positives to say about the visor, there are some things I don't like.

If you have a Bauer 4500 hockey helmet, the shield will not conform to the helmet, but the helmet gets pulled out to the shield.  I think it is because the sheild plastic is alot stronger than the helmet's plastic.  The helmets plastic tends to bend and get pulled out when you tighten the visor on it.  This isn't too bad, it just looks a little odd.  I'm sure with  one piece helmets that have strong plastic or carbon it won't do that.  In any case, I recommend you be careful when tightening or apply the visor to any hockey helmet.  If it is too tight, you may crack it.  I read somewhere that the visor will also move or slide up and down on the helmet a little bit, but I don't seem to have this problem.  Hopefully it won't crack, it hasn't yet.  All in all the Bauer Straight Cut is a good brand and I highly recommend it to anyone out there playing roller hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.