Saturday, January 8, 2011

Where Have All The Old Hockey Equipment Companies Gone?

If you follow the sport of hockey, you know what I am talking about.  Alot of hockey equipment companies aren't what they used to be.  If you read Hockey Warriors Post On CCM, you'll know more than you need to.  Basically, its like this the gear you used to buy has probably changed.  We aren't in the age of options.  We are in the age of take over.  This company is richer, so it takes over that company.  This has alot to do with the economy and it sucks for us hockey players.  I know there are a whole bunch of new hockey players that don't care about this type of thing.  They don't care about Bauer, CCM, Mission, Reebok, Jofa or Cooper.  They only care about what type of hockey equipment Sidney Crosby wears.  That's understandable, but they should know wear such equipment comes from.  Of all those companies mentioned only two still really exist.  The rest are now taken over by one of the two.  It's basically Bauer and Reebok that own this sport now, atleast that's how I see it.  I don't know what they plan on doing with the other brands.  I know right now, I still see them in stores, but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get phased out.

Oh, and incase you were wondering, Sidney Crosby wears Reebok hockey gear.  This post is going to go off on a tangent, but did anyone catch HBO's 24/7 Road To The Winter Classic?  It was cool to see a behind the scenes look at the NHL like that.  I bet hockey gets more popular because of it.  I actually came away from it liking Alexander Ovechkin more than Crosby.  Ovechkin's life story was far more interesting and it was nice to see him and his team go on to win the winter classic.  I've come along way from disliking Ovechkin.  He just seemed cooler and less smug than Crosby.  If only he could out point him this year.  That's the only thing Crosby has going for him, he's good, but how can anyone cheer for him?  I just don't get it.  I guess that's the reward for destroying your washing machine or dryer with a hockey puck when you are young.  If I had one question to ask him it would be why choose Reebok?  Is it the money?  Or is their hockey equipment that much better than everyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.