Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hockey In College

College Hockey is the place that holds the key to the NHL's future. I know, I know, I forgot to mention that I'm going to take a break from talking about hockey equipment. Sometimes I like to focus on the other aspects of the sport or politics. Now, back on topic about hockey for the educated!

If you think about it, all the best prospects come from the NCAA hockey teams. There is still the Junior Division hockey leagues that have players that will go on to be NHL stars, but the hockey players in college far outweigh them. So, are you bored with the NHL hockey players and teams of the present? I know alot of people are, because hockey has been in a steep decline in its popularity in the United States. I think that this year, I'm going to give a look to the college divisions of hockey. The reason is that i think they are more hungry than the NHL stars that have already made it or hit the big time. The college players are going to be clawing and hustling their way to get into the National Hockey League and this is where the best hockey games come in. In fierce competition, the most exciting games happen. That's why a whole number of people do not watch sports until the playoffs. It makes sense, why get all upset over a team losing or winning if in the end all that really matters is the playoff and championships. I find myself not watching hockey until the Stanley Cup finals all too often. I really wish I wouldn't do that, but as someone who used to play hockey religiously, I'm just not excited with these NHL teams. So, College players, I'll be watching you this winter.

College hockey has always fascinated me for a couple of reasons. Every season, you will see some hotshot player do a trickshot. In pro hockey, you don't see this all too often. Ok, maybe from somebody like Ovechkin, who I must admit is an exciting player. I have said before that I couldn't stand him, but in truth hockey needs more players that stir the pot like he does. I'll have to check which channels run the college games. I know i've seen some NCAA hockey on ESPN sometimes as well as local sports stations. One more good thing about the sport in college is that the players where hockey equipment that protect their face. This means, you won't see as many injuries and because of the rules against fighting. I wanted to see hockey action when I watch a hockey game not boxing. Well, I've had my say on college hockey and the NHL, now all that's left is to sit and wait for the new seasons to start. Happy Hockey season to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.