Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Easton Hockey A Top Brand

Easton hockey is a top brand as far as hockey equipment companies go. I think one of the most popular types of Easton gear that a player uses is their hockey sticks. Way back in the 90s, I noticed that the majority of the people I had played hockey with all had Easton sticks. Now, their blades may have been different, but the hockey stick shafts were almost always Easton. I think they pioneered the whole aluminum hockey shaft craze that eventually died out. I actually liked aluminum sticks as they were extremely light. I actually guess I caught on early, because even though I liked the feel of aluminum, I always went with a composite shaft. Hockey sticks made of Composite material is all the rage nowadays. It is so much so, that two-piece blade and stick combinations are starting to become less popular. The one piece stick is starting to take over. Hello Easton Synergy. The only down side I see to this is that these sticks cost a helluva lot more. They can range upwards of $100 sometimes even close to 200. Now as far as hockey sticks go, this isn't appealing to me, but you have to roll with the punches.

Why is Easton so great, you ask? If people just like their hockey sticks, can they really be all that good to begin with? Well, they make whole load of other hockey gear as well. Next to the sticks, I would say their second most popular piece of equipment would have to be their hockey gloves. Almost all my fellow hockey players would strive to have leather Easton hockey gloves. Some couldn't afford them, but the leather material was great and protective, even if it was a little more expensive. So sticks and gloves are I believe where Easton has outdone themselves over the years. So what else have they done? Just about everything. There are countless NHL players who wear their protective gear and skates and will vouch for them to the end.

I know what you are asking. How do their hockey skates fair. I can't answer this question unfortunately. As a hockey player, I've never tried them out. I was always too busy with my other favorite brand. I won't metion them here as this post is dedicated soley to Easton. That's not to say that the pros don't wear their skates. They most certainly do. With a little bit of searching, you can probably find the NHL stars that wear them in a short amount of time.

So, do I think they are the best brand in hockey. Well, that's a tough question to answer. I will say that they are the best for some types of equipment. The problem is that hockey players tend to get comfortable with different companies for different equipment. This is not unsual, but it makes it harder to answer a blanket question on who's the best? Quite simply, all the hockey companies out there do their work very well and make quality gear. If they didn't, we as hocke players would be talking about them, now would we. So weather, or not you like their sticks, skates or gloves I can definitely say that I think Easton is a top hockey brand in the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.