Sunday, August 1, 2010

Best Hockey Cage For Inline Hockey Players

I know that I've discussed hockey cages and shields before. What I haven't done is give my take on which ones are good. Basically, if you play roller hockey or inline hockey as some like to call it, then you need to have a cage on your helmet to protect your face. If you are like me, you hate having to see through the wires. There is a fix for that. You can go and buy a hockey shield, but they have their own problems. Now, keep in mind that I've never actually used a hockey shield on my helmet, I've thought about it, but I've never actually put one on there. I've heard about having to invest in defogging spray for the shields. I don't know how true that is, but apparently the breath from the player can fog up the shield and cause vision problems.

Now, some hockey companies claim to have the answer for the whole fogging in the hockey shields problem. They mix a cage and a shield. The bottom part of the mask, is the cage wire. The vision part is the shield. I can't tell you if it works or not, but it seems like it might.

Now, what can I tell you about hockey cages? I used a cooper hockey cage for years. I think it's ok. I don't know why I chose it over an itech one. At the time when I started playing, Itech shields were pretty big, but I just was comfortable with Cooper's cage. Today, I think the same type of cage is made by Nike. That's my take on the best hockey cage for hockey players.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.