Monday, March 15, 2010

Hockey Monkey and The Zambonis

Hey what's up. Once again, I'd like to take time out to talk about something other than hockey equipment. I know that most of my readers are composed of people looking for opinions or articles on hockey gear, but I'm going to tell you about something else hockey related. That's the great thing about this blog, almost everyone who reads it, is in to the sport of hockey. So what's this hockey related thing I'm going to talk about? It's actually a band called "The Zambonis", you know, named after that giant machine that smoothes the ice out in between periods in NHL games? Of course you do. Anyways, they are quite a unique bunch.

Hockey Monkey

This is the title of one of their songs. In fact, it's my favorite track that they have. I'm willing to bet its most of their fans favorite as well. It's very catchy and family friendly. It's got the band wearing hockey helmets, animation, and a monkey that plays hockey on a frozen pond. What more could a hockey fan want? So go check out the hockey monkey first before you do any other song. If you are a fan of the sport you won't be disappointed.

I've embedded the video here below so you can check out the hockey monkey in all his glory!



The Zambonis

I first found them searching for hockey related stuff and I wasn't even looking for a band. I must say, it was a cool find. If you want more information on them, you can also check out The Zambonis Facebook Page. It has tons of pictures of them with NHL players/veterans, hockey celebrities(The Hanson Brothers from Slapshot), and information on upcoming events. Also, be sure to check out their song Smashmouth Hockey, the video is full of some cool NHL hits/fights.

In closing, the band rocks. They have a cult following that is probably growing larger by the minute. I imagine every new hockey season, the fresh fans come pouring in. I'm definitely one of them. So if your tired of the cookie cutter junk that's found mostly on the radio and you want to see a band that dons hockey equipment in their live gigs and videos check out The Zambonis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.