Friday, May 1, 2009

NHL Hockey Jerseys

Everyone loves hockey jerseys, but man they can be expensive. Way back, when I was a kid, I had a cheap nhl jersey. I believe it was a CCM branded team jersey, but I can't be positive. Anyways, mine was a cheapo one. The team's logo kept peeling off, because it wasn't sewn on. It was glued on. How did I fix the cool NHL team logo that was on front? I glued it back on the jersey with crazy glue of course.

It was actually Flyers jersey. There was no players name on the back because it was the inexpensive kind. I think the Starter brand was more expensive, which I could not afford. At the time, the most popular NHL team jerseys were the Avalanche, Red Wings, Flyers, Stars, Mighty Ducks, Devils and the Penguins. Every now and then you would see someone with a Rangers jersey as well.

My point of this whole post is that you don't have to get the most expensive team jersey. In the end, all I cared about was playing hockey and If I had a blank jersey, I'd wear that. In fact, that's what I have now. I have a blank red colored hockey jersey. You can save your self money by buying a blank jersey and having a number ironed on to the back. The reason you'd want a number on the jersey, is in case you decide to play pickup hockey and someone you don't know would be able to identify you by your number.

You don't have to get a blank one though. You can still get a cheap NHL team jersey, it most likely won't be made by the name brand and the material will be alot cheaper, but to me, it's better than buying a real expensive NHL player jersey that will get torn and battered in the rough sport of hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.