Thursday, April 9, 2009

Local Hockey Equipment Stores

Ok, so you may have read my post about online hockey stores. Well now I'm going to talk about local hockey equipment stores. What's so great about local hockey stores as opposed to online ones? For starters you can just drive and check out what is there. They usually have good equipment, but they also may have old equipment as well. They tend to not order more stock until they start to get out of stock. They could have like 530 items, but their hockey equipment may be outdated.

Every now and then you will run into overstocked sports items in your local store and will be able to get a good discount price on the equipment. They may not have alot of these discounted goods though, you will be lucky to find like 1 or 2 of them there. You also are, in most cases, allowed to try on the whatever type of equipment you are getting. So if you wish to buy a new pair of hockey skates, you can try them on and see how it fits at your local store. Trust me, I detailed a problem about ordering from an online hockey store before, fitting problems will eventually occur.

Some times you will get lucky when it comes to your local store. I've seen 14 online hockey stores that actually have local shops somewhere across the country. That number is small compared to the actual number of local hockey stores that operate online. I'm guessing there are anywhere from 60-178 stores in the United States that do this, possibly more. Don't take my word for it, I'm no expert, I'm just a hockey player. Get out and do the research on your local hockey equipment stores yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.